When to Start Sports For My Child?
- Sports make children understands the value of teamwork and benefits of social interaction. Opportunities to learn from their success and failure
- Eat a variety of healthy foods
- Child safety
- Social issues
- Developmental Milestones
- School nutrition
- Sex education
How the Sports interest in a child can be created ?
- Discuss with child regarding sports.
- Taking your child to sporting events
- Own sports interests with your child.
- Explain benefits of sports to the child.
- Give opportunity to play indoor and outdoor games.
- May take him to a place where children learn and play class.
What are the choice of games for children 2 to 5 years of age?
Sports involving basic movements are better for this group of children.
Training these children organised sports may not have long term performance benefits.
At this age, free play is usually best.
- Soft balls
What are the sports for children 6 to 9 years of age?
At this age child develops to master organised movements. Sports involving organized activities are considered important at this age :
- T-ball, softball or baseball
- Martial arts
What are the choice of games for children 10 to 12 years of age?
Children the ability to understand and plan sports strategies. These children can master complex skillful movements .
What benefits can come from sports?
- Physical development.
- Child develops moral principles and discipline.
- Create friendships
- Child understands the value of teamwork and benefits of social interaction.
- Opportunities to learn from their success and failure
- Accept success or failure in a better way.
- fitness, stay in shape and look good
- self esteem is enhanced.
- Children who participate in sports usually get more aware of healthy food choices.
- Respecting elders and listening to their peers is an important skill children learn from the court or pitch.
Respecting elders and listening to their peers is an important skill children learn from the court or pitch.