Take Your Exercise To The Next Level
Know Your Risk Before You Escalate Exercise
What is most important step before you escalate your exercise?
Even if you are doing a regular exercise you should meet with your doctor before you increase your exercise level . This is important because they can help decide your risk factors before you start exercising more.
What are the risk factors that can guide your exercise pattern and duration?
There are many risk factors that decide your exercise :
- gender, race/ethnicity
- family history of heart disease
- Family History of Sudden Cardiac Death.
Furthermore,these risk factors that are beyond our control. Hence,this may limit your exercise pattern and duration.
What are the modifiable risk factors?
Some risk factors can be controlled with medicines or only lifestyle changes. You should screen yourself for risk factors . If these risk factors exists then consult the doctor to control them.
- High blood pressure
- High blood cholesterol
- Obese or overweight
Furthermore,these risk factors can be managed with lifestyle changes such as diet and exercise. If not controlled then control it with lifestyle changes or medicines.
What are the benefits of regular exercise?
Physical activity has several benefits.
Health Benefits:By reducing Risk Factors .
- Reduces risk of Heart disease
- Reduces risk of Stroke.
- Delays or Prevents Chronic diseases.
- Improves blood circulation, which reduces the risk of heart disease
- Keeps weight under control
- Helps in the battle to quit smoking
- Improves blood cholesterol levels
- Prevents and manages high blood pressure
- Prevents bone loss
- Helps manage stress
- Releases tension
- Counters anxiety and depression
- Helps you fall asleep faster and sleep more soundly
- Increases muscle strength, increasing the ability to do other physical activities
- Provides a way to share an activity with family and friends
How much risk reduction of heart disease and stroke expected from Exercise?
Exercise helps us certainly in the following ways:
- Reduces risk of developing CHD/CVD by 30-40 percent
- Reduced risk of stroke by 20 percent in moderately active people and by 27 percent in those who are highly active
- Establishes good heart-healthy habits in children and counters the conditions Like obesity, high blood pressure, poor cholesterol levels and poor lifestyle habits, etc. These risk factors lead to heart attack and stroke in later in life. Hence, exercise gives us a over all good health.