Health Risk In Women and Diseases
Health Risk in Women
What are the diseases that cause maximum health risk in women?
Heart disease kills more women in the United States than even cancer deaths. This is a major health risk in elderly women.Cardiovascular disease, often thought to be a “male” problem, is the main killer of older people of both sexes almost everywhere in the world. In fact, each year cardiovascular disease causes a larger number of deaths in older women than in older men .
What is the second most dangerous threat to a woman’s health?
- Cancer, the second most dangerous threat to a woman’s health, accounts for 22 percent of female deaths . Lung cancer claims the most lives each year, breast cancer is the second leading cause of cancer deaths in U.S.
- INDIA – Breast cancer is the most common cancer in women in India and accounts for 27% of all cancers in women.
- Cervical cancer is the second most common cancer in India in women accounting for 22.86% of all cancer cases in women and 12% of all cancer cases in both men and women. Women are often at health risk from these cancers.
- The incidence rates in India begin to rise in the early thirties and peak at ages 50-64 years .
- Overall, 1 in 28 women is likely to develop breast cancer during her lifetime.
What are the leading causes of death for women in the world?
Women are at greater health risk for the following diseases